the Monday, June 27

Ong-bak and Night of the Living Dead

So I'm sick today. Sucks. I'm worried about my kids. Eh...

Since I'm sick I watched Night of the Living Dead (yes, the original from 1960-something, George A. Romero). It wasn't bad. It wasn't great, for there are better zombie movies. But considering this movie was the first in its genre, not bad. For anyone curious about what kind of zombies are in this movie, they are the walking kind (can't run), unlike Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later, but similar to Resident Evil 1 and 2 and Shaun of the Dead. I can't tell what kind is in Land of the Dead; maybe I'll see that today.

I also recently watched Ong-bak. Awesome martial arts movie with no guns or even many midieval (sp) weapons. It features the new entertainment martial artist Tony Jaa (real name?) who is quite the badass. Supposedly he uses no stunt-doubles, strings, or special effects. He has some killer moves and is better than any other entertainment martial artist I have ever seen. He's Thai also; not Japanese or Chinese. His best line in the movie, after trampling on some guys face is "The mustang has galloped on your face!"




Labels: