the Saturday, August 13

Fuckin Shit! The Skeleton Key

This movie was bloody incredible. Good God. One of the best movies I've ever seen; in the caliber of the 6th Sense and... close to Donnie Darko and Fight Club. It's the same type of mystery "Well this movie is pretty good, i guess its interesting and all" then you get to the end and "Holy shit that was amazing! I get it ALL now!"

It is part suspense, but really the best part is the mystery. This movie has such a killer plot. Goddam. Here are some foreshadowing parts that give away the ending if you look closely enough:

*spoiler*
The old lady keeps the old owner's photos.
The old lady rathered someone from the area.
The old lady keeps the mirrors, but is terrified of them.
The lawyer plays too big a role.
Why would the young guy be helping the old lady get a few years from the old guy?
I'm sure there are probably 20 more. I'll post more as I go.

*/spoiler*

One thing, if you see it: remember that anything fishy is not a plot flaw. It's important. That's all.



Edit: I figured out the last 10%! Good god! This movie is brilliant. K, so spoilers:
*spoiler*
So I thought at the end of the movie that the two children leapfrogged through different people. First they sacrificed the two old people (in the movie) when they were younger. Then the guy sacrificed the lawyer (making the old man stroked out). Then the girl sacrificed the caretaker in the movie (making the old woman stroked out).
But I was wrong! In the shower I realized that was all 90% true. It was really Father Justify and the woman. They first sacrificed the children on the night of the party. When the partygoers found them, the Father and Mama were actually the children; that's why they were spasming (stroked out) and the children were not phased because they were Father and Mama. The spasming is evidence, along with Mama's line at the end of the movie: "I told you I wanted a black girl." The children wouldn't have been as rooted in the Wudu (sp) as the servants were. I bet there is a clue in the parents as well, their deaths maybe. I dunno. Boo yah!

*/spoiler*

Labels: