the Sunday, July 10

Random Music

This is a suggestion by Ianovich. I am letting iTunes run through my 5 Star music (75 songs) and writing up on the first 10 songs, randomly selected.

Something Corporate - I Woke Up in a Car :: I love this song. Very catchy and it makes me think. I love the lines like "I've never been so lost/I've never felt so much at home." Are these two conflicting feelings felt at the same time or is home a lost-sort-of feeling?

Boom Boom Satellites - Dive for You :: This is a song off of the Appleseed Soundtrack (relatively good movie with an interesting soundtrack). It is techno, so there isn't much to say. Enjoyable. Lyrics.

Linkin Park - PPr:kut :: This remix of Papercut off of the Reanimation album is one of the best remixes featured. I loved the original off of Hybrid Theory and the remix is better, featuring new lyrics.

Saosin - Seven Years :: Haha. It looks like I rigged this list. But I guess there is a 1in10 chance of hitting each song. Amazing hardcore (?) or screamo song. Saosin is amazing also but have very few songs out.

Jay-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder :: I am not a fanatic of Jay-Z, but this song is fun and slow enough for me to sing along (by myself...). Enjoyable and there are mixes with Weezer and Linkin Park available.

No Doubt - Sixteen :: One of the best songs off Tragic Kingdom. That whole album was actually amazing. This song is one of the heaviest as well. It's a fun one.

M83 - Unrecorded :: This song is off the Night Watch Trailer. I have never heard of the group before but it seems to be indie ambient/techno stuff. Really awesome mix of techno with strings. I imagine they are Russian.

The Used - Blue and Yellow :: Good Used song. Not too much to say. Fun to sing with. Probably meaningful.

weerd science - fuck you and your filthy a&r dept :: Good weird song by weerd science. It's rapped (?) really fast by the drummer of Coheed and Cambria. Very fun vulgar song.

Less Than Jake - Al's War :: The best song by Less Than Jake. I love this song cuz it's one of those upbeat sad songs. I think Al died or something. Not sure. Good song.

You are welcome to comment with a list of 10 random songs.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jason mraz - the remedy -- he is the king of audible words. the song has pretty good motivational lyrics.

no doubt - new -- this comes from a good movie. and it's a very catchy song.

weezer - only in dreams -- this was like the anthem of any guy in early high school that chased after a girl he couldn't have.

oasis - wonderwall -- i remember hearing this when i was a kid and loving it.

the ataris - the boys of summer -- this song makes me pretty sad because it reminds me of the summer before i went to boston for college. and stuff.

goo goo dolls - iris -- this is just an amazing song. it's a pretty damn good song to play for a girl too.

foo fighers - everlong -- "and i wonder when i sing along with you, if anything could ever feel this real forever, if anything could ever be this good again..."

counting crows - mr. jones -- this will remind me of the last school year, but the actual song has a good story behind it.

fuel - shimmer -- this song has amazing lyrics, a great break in the beginning and reminds me of a lot of times during life.

incubus - the warmth -- there's just something about this song. it'll bring you up from the worst of times.

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday Random Ten Yay! With Bonus Coolness Self-Audit

Sublime-"Saw Red" In my opinion one of the better songs by Sublime. 7/10

The Ramones-"Bonzo Goes to Bitburg" Surprisingly upbeat for the Ramones 5/10

The Ramones-"I Just Want to Have Something to Do" Oh man, repeat artist, not cool. Automatically deduct one point. 5/10

The Ramones-"Howling at the Moon" I knew switching to iTunes was a mistake. Three Ramones in a row? Not a great song either. 3/10

NOFX-"The Cause" Great band, not their best song. But is NOFX cool? I doubt it. 4/10

Toy Dolls-"Park Lane Punchup" Very nerdy band. I don't think they're uncool enough to be cool though. Plus all their songs are about British culture. At least it's about beating up people at a disco. 4/10

Aaron Copland-"Billy the Kid Suite: Street in a Frontier Town" This probably exists off the continuum of coolness. N/A

Toy Dolls-"Idle Gossip" iTunes clearly has a long-festering hatred for me. 3/10

Bob Marley-"Get Up, Stand Up" Standard Bob Marley score. 6/10

Rancid-"Avenues and Alleyways" Rancid, one of the classic punk rock bands performing a perfectly serviceable song. 7/10

Final score: 4.3 Man, I am one uncool dude. Maybe next week.

5:25 PM  

What are you thinking?

<< Home