the Saturday, May 13

Why I Drink

I find this a little interesting, why I drink. I think it's kind of interesting logic maybe. I dunno. But this is why I drink.

I didn't start drinking till my spring freshman semester. Before then, I dunno. I was just a good kid who didn't need alcohol to have fun. Whatever. Honestly, I started drinking because of peer pressure. I wouldn't blame anyone or say that anyone was really malevolently trying to get me to drink. But having to explain to people at every party why you don't drink (Which was hard to do. I didn't know why I didn't drink. My guts just told me not to.) gets really old. They weren't aggressively prodding me or anything. The simple question just got old. "Want a beer Sam?" "No, it's cool." "Do you not drink?" "Not really." "Oh yeah? Why? I'm not pressuring you or anything. I'm just wondering." Well just wondering drives me nuts. I felt like a vegetarian or a religious Catholic or a Republican. Always having to defend your views in front of kids.

So I drink now to take away the awkwardness. I'd rather talk about more interesting things than why I don't drink. This way, people assume I've been drinking since high school and there's no need to bring it up. I'm not embarrassed. I enjoyed high school. Not drinking has just become a really boring subject of discussion to me.

I don't drink for the buzz, because I don't feel a buzz. I didn't feel a buzz when I drank 14 shots. I don't feel a buzz from hard alcohol, mixed drinks, or beer. I feel more of a buzz off drinking a Monster. I don't drink cuz it tastes good; vodka turns my stomache; all beer is honestly equivalent to cat piss; mixed drinks just ruin whatever was nonalcoholic before (ie a Screwdriver is a waste of good orange juice).

That's it. Call it drinking to be cool, I guess. Whatever. But I found all that kinda neat. I like my reasoning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney C Johnson said...

Hey, why did you put vegetarians and catholics in the same boat as republicans, jerk?

9:38 AM  

What are you thinking?

<< Home